Saturday, October 24, 2009

Raindrops on Roses

It’s Saturday!!

Now that the chill of fall is in the air, thoughts turn to creature comforts. Cheeseburger Jr. and I were baking apple bread earlier. (baking + me = rare occurrence) As the bread baked, I looked around the kitchen and started making a list of my favorite foodie things. I share them with you; perhaps you’ll be inspired to create your own. In no particular order:

The hamburger episode of “Julia and Jacques” – Food television at its finest!

Jar of homemade preserved lemons – you can use them in everything

Loose Tea – all tea, all the time
www.uptontea.com

Shallot Confit - one taste of this and you will want to bathe in it
www.thefrenchfarm.com

Collection of Thanksgiving cooking magazines (the culinary equivalent of the SI Swimsuit issue)

The cheese drawer in my refrigerator - there’s always a wedge of something on hand

Tattered “Betty Crocker Cookbook” - purchased when I struck out on my own

Organic Onion Flakes - a NEW favorite
www.boxedgoodes.com

Wine tasting glasses – no explanation necessary

Hope you are enjoying the weekend; we are having dinner at a friend’s house tonight. Can’t think of a better way to spend a rainy evening.

We’ll chat soon.

1 comments:

Simran said...

I am tea lover and I always order from Teaswan