Monday, December 7, 2009

It's time for play, It's a whipped cream day...



It’s Monday and what better way to celebrate than to indulge in a little dessert? That’s exactly what I was thinking tonight before I made dinner. Jr. and I decided to whip up an easy chocolate mousse, made with tofu. Try it sometime when you’re craving a little guilt-free pleasure!

12 oz. silken tofu, drained
¾ cup dark chocolate (pieces, chips, whatever is on hand)
½ cup warmed milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Add chocolate and splash of milk to bowl, melt in microwave. Stir until chocolate is smooth. (I melt it in 30 second increments, stirring after each time to ensure it doesn’t burn)

Add tofu, warmed milk, vanilla and chocolate to blender. Blend on medium or high until mousse is creamy. Pour into bowls, chill and serve. For an elegant dessert presentation, garnish with fresh raspberries/strawberries and sprig of mint.

ooo la la!


1 comments:

zoe p. said...

I love this idea. It's something I usually have all the ingredients for on hand!